Protect your brand and customers with JBT’s proven food-safety solutions
Following food-safety guidelines is one of the most important aspects of food processing. From initial preparation to final packaging, ensuring the well-being of your customers and maintaining the integrity of your product must be the highest priority every step of the way.
At JBT, we help our partners achieve (and exceed) the highest food-safety standards. With a global tightening of food-safety guidelines along with growing public interest in food safety and transparency, utilizing our innovative solutions will not only help you comply with stringent regulations, but also improve your reputation and standing with consumers across every market.
Solutions For Every Stage
We closely monitor safety standards set by regulatory agencies around the globe. This includes the U.S Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the European Food Safety Authority, and more. With uncompromising tenacity and expert industry knowledge, we have committed to making equipment with safety and sanitation in mind. JBT offers you targeted safety solutions for every market and every step of your processing system.
Regardless of what your process entails, we have innovative and highly effective technology to get you the perfect end product. We offer food-safety technology for cooking, frying, freezing, chilling, and proofing, aseptic processing, canning, in-container sterilization and pasteurization, high-pressure processing (HPP), tomato and citrus/fresh produce processing and packaging, automatic clean-up systems, and food portioning.
Features & Benefits
At JBT, we focus on perfecting every exquisite detail of our partners’ processing needs and production lines without ever losing sight of the big picture. Safety is fundamental to the FoodTech industry and you can’t successfully meet the demands of consumers and regulatory agencies without an effective food-safety strategy.
We deliver state-of-the-art food safety solutions that you can rely on. Here’s a glance at some of the benefits of choosing JBT as your one-stop-shop to meet all your food safety needs:
- Regulatory compliance – Government regulations and oversight regarding food safety are strict and unforgiving; you need solutions that ensure your continuous compliance in your domestic or international markets, and we deliver by rigorously testing our products and equipment against the toughest regulatory standards.
- Training – We offer hands-on training to help you expand and refine your knowledge of food-safety processes and technology. We want to share with you our extensive knowledge of the HACCP approach, built-in cleaning systems, sanitation equipment, and general food safety.
- Monitoring and maintenance – JBT systems like LINK and LogTec can monitor and maintain a history of plant processing operations, which enables you to confirm critical functions.
- Seamless integration – At JBT, one of our primary values is making sure our solutions are flexible and seamlessly fit into our partners’ existing processes and production lines; our food-safety solutions are designed to complement your current equipment and approaches without excessive investment requirements.
- Ongoing support – We know that in the food-processing industry, remaining static isn’t an option. That’s why JBT is dedicated to providing you with ongoing support through personalized solutions and assistance in creating specialized control systems that work for you.
Our Food-Safety Brands
The Formula family of products was developed in response to the stringent food safety requirements and temperature extremes in the food processing industry. Rigorously tested under the most severe operating conditions, Formula lubricants have been proven to support safe, smooth operation and maximum uptime with the perfect combination of pour point and viscosity.
Each of our environmentally friendly, food-grade lubricants is expertly developed to perform a specific, targeted task and is available in a range of containers and volumes to meet your production requirements. Our products also meet the EU’s strict ISO standards and are USDA H1-authorized.
Prevenio consistently delivers innovative food-safety solutions with superior pathogen protection that significantly enhance safety and hygiene for clients and customers in the protein and produce markets. Harnessing cutting-edge technology based on novel combinations of GRAS (generally recognized as safe) materials, Prevenio capitalizes on the power of automated process controls to deliver tailored solutions to these highly competitive and demanding markets.
Backed by extensive secondary and further processing knowledge, the experts at JBT recognized the need for improved food safety to replace antiquated metal detection technology – and they delivered. JBT XVision x-ray detection works to:
- ensure retail and customer-safety demands are met and
- contributes significantly to the completion of Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventative Controls (HARPC) plans and compliance with FSMA.
Utilizing JBT XVision, you can detect a broader range of foreign matter regardless of sensitive product states or conductivity properties, reliably identify foreign matter in a wide range of raw and packaged products (including through foil packaging), reduce false product rejection with fast and reliable QNX software, and be supported through JBT’s best-in-class iOPS® platform.
The high-pressure processing (HPP) technology from Avure Technologies revolutionized the ready-to-eat meat industry, improving food safety, extending quality, and lengthening shelf life while also reducing dependencies on preservatives. Avure’s commercially proven HPP technology meets or exceeds the demands of consumers, processors, and regulatory agencies around the globe such as the US FDA, USDA/FSIS, Health Canada, and many others.
Industry Leadership You Can Trust
Throughout JBT’s long history, we have maintained a unique dedication to innovation in the FoodTech world. For over a century, we have solidified the JBT brand as an industry leader by working tirelessly to understand the most pressing challenges of food processing. By utilizing our tenacity, creativity, and in-depth knowledge of diverse markets, we have broken down barriers and revolutionized the industry. Working with us, you’ll get more than just an equipment provider; you’ll gain a long-term partnership and unmatched industry insight.
Expertise Across Markets
By working with diverse clients around the world, JBT has accumulated extensive knowledge and practical experience in a variety of demanding markets, including:
- Bread and pasta
- Coffee and tea
- Fruits and nuts
- Pet foods
- Poultry, meat, and seafood
- Ready meals
- Sandwiches and snack foods
- Vegetables and potatoes
Gain Special Industry Knowledge at JBT’s Research & Technology Centers
When you join the JBT family, you not only get access to our state-of-the-art machines; you also get to work directly with our experts at one of our many international Research and Technology Centers. You’ll get special access to our behind-the-scenes operation and view and test new machines and system set-ups, perfect your recipes, and learn the ins and outs of the industry.
An Expert Support Team at Your Service
At JBT, we want to provide you with a partner you can rely on. Our goal has always been to develop long-term collaborations with industry leaders across markets and establish ongoing, mutually beneficial business relationships. That’s why our team is available around the clock to answer questions and provide you with ongoing, personalized support.
Contact us today to join the family!
We’re here to help every step of the way.