Supplier Code of Conduct
Effective: July 2018
JBT Corporation and its subsidiaries (JBT) strive to conduct business in an ethical and honest manner, in compliance with applicable law, and expect our suppliers to do the same. This Supplier Code of Conduct sets forth the base principles that we expect JBT suppliers to follow during the course of our business relationship. This Supplier Code of Conduct supplements, but does not supersede, any rights or obligations contained in the John Bean Technologies Corporation – General Purchase Order Terms and Conditions, or in any other agreement JBT may have with its suppliers.
Compliance with Law
JBT strives to comply with the applicable laws wherever we conduct business. We expect that suppliers to JBT will also conduct its business in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations when doing business with JBT.
JBT is committed to honest and ethical business practices in the operation of our business. We require that suppliers to JBT share this commitment. This means that we expect suppliers to JBT to conduct its business ethically, and to have controls in place to detect the misuse of company assets, corruption, bribery, improper gifts, extortion, and embezzlement. Suppliers to JBT should immediately report to JBT any unethical behavior by its employees, agents, or subcontractors in the performance of business with or for JBT.
Entertainment and Gifts
Although it is customary in many companies to entertain customers and to exchange gifts, such entertainment and gift exchanges can be interpreted as a conflict of interest. Please be advised that JBT’s employees and their immediate families may never accept gifts of cash or cash equivalents from suppliers to JBT, including gift certificates and gift cards, and that other gifts may need to be reported or returned pursuant to the code of conduct applicable to JBT’s employees.
Health and Safety
JBT is committed to conducting business in a safe manner, and we expect that suppliers to JBT will operate in a manner that complies with all applicable safety laws, regulations, and standards, and make continuous efforts to achieve a workplace that is free from work-related injuries and illnesses.
Human Rights and Forced Labor
JBT supports internationally recognized human rights, and we insist that suppliers to JBT uphold human rights in every jurisdiction in which they do business. JBT also expects that suppliers not use any type of involuntary, child, or forced labor, including indentured, bonded, prison, slave, or human trafficked labor. All labor must be voluntary and employees must be free to end their labor or their employment relationship at any time.
Wages and Benefits; Freedom of Association
Suppliers must have a system in place to verify and accurately record payroll, deductions and the hours worked by legally authorized employees. Suppliers must comply with all applicable wage and compensation requirements as defined under applicable labor laws for regular work, overtime, maximum hours, piece rates, and other elements of compensation and employee benefits. Supplier must adhere to applicable laws regarding the right to affiliate with lawful organizations without interference.
Employment by Supplier shall be based solely on person’s ability and not personal characteristics. Supplier shall maintain a workplace free of unlawful discrimination, which includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, caste, disability, union membership, ethnicity, religious belief or any other factors protected by applicable law. Employees shall not be subject to verbal, physical, sexual or psychological abuse or any other form of mental or physical coercion and shall be treated with respect and dignity.
JBT strives to conduct business in a responsible and sustainable manner. JBT seeks to do business with suppliers that share JBT’s commitment to sustainable business practices, including food safety, environmental stewardship, the health and safety of employees, and ethical business practices.
Suppliers to JBT that have access to JBT confidential information must adhere to any non-disclosure obligations to which they have agreed. JBT considers the following non-exclusive categories of information to be confidential:
- Engineering and technical designs and product specifications
- The identity of JBT’s customers and suppliers
- Production and supply costs
- JBT’s technologies and processes
If a supplier to JBT becomes aware of an actual or possible unauthorized disclosure of JBT confidential information, it must be reported immediately to JBT.
JBT maintains a Conflict Minerals Policy. Suppliers to JBT must comply with this Conflict Minerals Policy. As a brief summary, the policy requires suppliers to:
- Put in place procedures for the traceability of Conflict Minerals (tantalum, tin, tungsten, and gold) in their supply chain
- Cooperate with JBT’s Conflict Minerals due diligence process, which includes providing JBT, from time to time, with written certifications and other information concerning the origin of Conflict Minerals including in the supplier’s products and/or components that are supplied to JBT
- Maintain reviewable business records supporting the source of Conflict Minerals and supply such records to JBT upon request
- Adopt policies and procedures with respect to Conflict Minerals that are consistent with JBT’s Conflict Minerals Policy and with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas (OECD Guidance), including the adoption of a risk mitigation strategy to respond to identified risks in the supply chain, and to communicate such policies and procedures to its personnel, direct suppliers, and indirect suppliers
- Require its direct and indirect suppliers to adopt policies and procedures that are consistent with JBT’s Conflict Minerals Policy
- Conflict Minerals Policy
- Human Rights Policy
- Employment Privacy Notice
- General Purchase Order Terms & Conditions for JBT Purchases – U.S.
- General Purchase Order Terms & Conditions for JBT Purchases – Europe
- UK Tax Strategy
- CA Supply Chain Act/U.K. Modern Slavery Act