JBT has a long history of leadership in the food and beverage industry.
- JBT FoodTech launches PRoCARE® preventive maintenance program in Europe.
- JBT FoodTech develops a full line of equipment for mixing, pasteurizing, container filling and package closing to meet the challenges of the pulp processing market.
- 2014 – JBT acquires Formcook AB, ICS Solutions and Wolf-tec to strengthen its leadership position in the food processing industry.
- 2015 – JBT acquires Stork Food & Dairy System (SF&DS) and A&B Process Systems to expand our presence in the liquid foods market.
- 2016 – JBT purchases Cooling and Applied Technologies (C.A.T.), TIPPER TIE, and Novus X-Ray.
- 2017 – JBT acquires Avure Technologies and PLF International Ltd.
- 2018 – JBT acquires Schröder Maschinenbau KG and FTNON
- 2019 – JBT acquires Proseal UK Limited and Prime Equipment Group, Inc.
- 2021 – JBT acquires AutoCoding Systems, Prevenio, and Urtasun
- 2022 – JBT acquires Alco food-machines and Bevcorp
- FMC Technologies purchases Northfield Freezing Systems, the North American leader in bakery freezing.
- Stein develops and introduces the MX MicroMax centrifugal hot oil filter.
- Stein develops the JSP Jet Stream Surface Pasteurizer for the almond industry.
- JBT Corporation is founded and introduced on the New York Stock Exchange (JBT) in 2008.
- JBT acquires Scotland based Double D Food Engineering, a leader in custom built ovens.
- Bin Scrubber becomes industry standard for cleaning and sanitizing plastic fruit and vegetable bins
- FMC’s first bulk aseptic tank farm process is commercialized, leading to development of Florida’s not from concentrate market.
- The Stein product line continues its expansion with the addition of Automatic Viscosity Batter Control, Hydraulically Driven Equipment, and Japanese Style Breading Applicators.
- The Stein JSO Jet Stream Oven, the industries most successful linear, vertical airflow, impingement convection oven, is introduced into the market.
- The first Food Processing Technology Center is opened in Sandusky, Ohio.
- The first high pressure waterjet DSI Portioning System is introduced for poultry applications.
- Stein develops the THERMoFIN® Fryer introducing a high-capacity and energy-efficient conveyorized system that enabled the cooking of high-quality food products, while reducing operating costs.
- FMC buys Frigoscandia Equipment, solidifying its place as the leading provider of food processing technologies – which includes the Stein and DSI family of food processing equipment.
- Stein GCO GYRoCOMPACT® Spiral Oven is introduced, utilizing Frigoscandia’s self-stacking belt technology.
- Stein introduces thermal fluid indirect heated linear and spiral oven systems for high yield further processing.
- Fresh’n Squeeze® juicer line launched in United States, rapidly becoming the juicer of choice for discerning and high volume point-of-sale juice operators.
- JBT acquires FranRica® and aggressively expands in global not-from-concentrate orange juice market.
- The first Frigoscandia GYRoFreeze® spiral freezer is delivered, increasing the amount of food frozen in a single unit.
- FMC citrus juice extractors introduced in Brazil, helping it become the largest global producer of orange juice today.
- FranRica® develops technology to aseptically process and store bulk tomato paste products, becoming a staple of the California tomato processing industry.
- The TASTE Evaporator is marketed in Europe and Asia for the production of high quality frozen concentrated citrus products
- The Frigoscanida GYRoCOMPACT® self-stacking spiral freezer is introduced.
- LOG-TEC® Process Management System becomes the first computerized food processing record keeping system unconditionally accepted by FDA and USDA.
- The Stein product line continues to grow with the addition of Tempura Coating Systems, Conveyorized Fryers & Filters, and Charmarkers.
- FMC develops the first automated citrus juice extractors.
- FMC becomes the world’s largest manufacturer of equipment for handling fruits, vegetables, milk, fish and meat, as well as the industry leader in turbine pump sales.
- Flavorseal and Sta-Fresh coatings products developed to enhance appearance and preserve shelf life of fresh fruits and vegetables
- FMC unveils the inline juice extractor – a revolutionary concept leading to high yields and excellent juice quality, it helped to create the citrus juice industry as it is known today.
- In the post-war boom, FMC introduces continuous freezers, enabling assembly-line production of pre-packaged frozen foods while making advancements in the sterilization of canned foods.
- Sam Stein forms a meat processing business called Grill Meats, Inc., which led to the development of automated, conveyorized food processing machinery.
- Sam Stein formed a new company, Sam Stein Associates, to build conveyorized food processing machinery.
- The first Stein commercialized batter and breading machine was developed and introduced into the market.
- John Bean invents a continuous spray pump to battle scale in his almond orchards.
- The company grows and David Crummey, John Bean’s son-in-law, incorporates the Bean Spray Pump Company and begins large-scale manufacturing.
- Anderson-Barngrover develops the world’s ﬁrst continuous rotary pressure sterilizer for processing low acid foods such as vegetables, milk and soup, paving the way for dramatic growth in the canning industry.
- Bean and Anderson-Barngrover merge to form the largest food machinery manufacturing company in the world at the time and is soon renamed Food Machinery Corporation (FMC).
We’re here to help every step of the way.