JBT has a long history of leadership in the food and beverage industry.
- JBT FoodTech launches PRoCARE® preventive maintenance program in Europe.
- JBT FoodTech develops a full line of equipment for mixing, pasteurizing, container filling and package closing to meet the challenges of the pulp processing market.
- 2014 – JBT acquires Formcook AB, ICS Solutions and Wolf-tec to strengthen its leadership position in the food processing industry.
- 2015 – JBT acquires Stork Food & Dairy System (SF&DS) and A&B Process Systems to expand our presence in the liquid foods market.
- 2016 – JBT purchases Cooling and Applied Technologies (C.A.T.), TIPPER TIE and Novus X-Ray.
- 2017 – JBT acquires Avure Technologies, Inc., as well as PLF International Ltd.
- 2018 – JBT acquires Schröder Maschinenbau KG and FTNON
- 2019 – JBT acquires Proseal UK Limited and Prime Equipment Group, Inc.
- 2021 – JBT acquires AutoCoding Systems
- FMC Technologies purchases Northfield Freezing Systems, the North American leader in bakery freezing.
- Stein develops and introduces the MX MicroMax centrifugal hot oil filter.
- Stein develops the JSP Jet Stream Surface Pasteurizer for the almond industry.
- JBT Corporation is founded and introduced on the New York Stock Exchange (JBT) in 2008.
- JBT acquires Scotland based Double D Food Engineering, a leader in custom built ovens.
- Bin Scrubber becomes industry standard for cleaning and sanitizing plastic fruit and vegetable bins
- FMC’s first bulk aseptic tank farm process is commercialized, leading to development of Florida’s not from concentrate market.
- The Stein product line continues its expansion with the addition of Automatic Viscosity Batter Control, Hydraulically Driven Equipment, and Japanese Style Breading Applicators.
- The Stein JSO Jet Stream Oven, the industries most successful linear, vertical airflow, impingement convection oven, is introduced into the market.
- The first Food Processing Technology Center is opened in Sandusky, Ohio.
- The first high pressure waterjet DSI Portioning System is introduced for poultry applications.
- Stein develops the THERMoFIN® Fryer introducing a high-capacity and energy-efficient conveyorized system that enabled the cooking of high-quality food products, while reducing operating costs.
- FMC buys Frigoscandia Equipment, solidifying its place as the leading provider of food processing technologies – which includes the Stein and DSI family of food processing equipment.
- Stein GCO GYRoCOMPACT® Spiral Oven is introduced, utilizing Frigoscandia’s self-stacking belt technology.
- Stein introduces thermal fluid indirect heated linear and spiral oven systems for high yield further processing.
- Fresh’n Squeeze® juicer line launched in United States, rapidly becoming the juicer of choice for discerning and high volume point-of-sale juice operators.
- JBT acquires FranRica® and aggressively expands in global not-from-concentrate orange juice market.
- The first Frigoscandia GYRoFreeze® spiral freezer is delivered, increasing the amount of food frozen in a single unit.
- FMC citrus juice extractors introduced in Brazil, helping it become the largest global producer of orange juice today.
- FranRica® develops technology to aseptically process and store bulk tomato paste products, becoming a staple of the California tomato processing industry.
- The TASTE Evaporator is marketed in Europe and Asia for the production of high quality frozen concentrated citrus products
- The Frigoscanida GYRoCOMPACT® self-stacking spiral freezer is introduced.
- LOG-TEC® Process Management System becomes the first computerized food processing record keeping system unconditionally accepted by FDA and USDA.
- The Stein product line continues to grow with the addition of Tempura Coating Systems, Conveyorized Fryers & Filters, and Charmarkers.
- FMC develops the first automated citrus juice extractors.
- FMC becomes the world’s largest manufacturer of equipment for handling fruits, vegetables, milk, fish and meat, as well as the industry leader in turbine pump sales.
- Flavorseal and Sta-Fresh coatings products developed to enhance appearance and preserve shelf life of fresh fruits and vegetables
- FMC unveils the inline juice extractor – a revolutionary concept leading to high yields and excellent juice quality, it helped to create the citrus juice industry as it is known today.
- In the post-war boom, FMC introduces continuous freezers, enabling assembly-line production of pre-packaged frozen foods while making advancements in the sterilization of canned foods.
- Sam Stein forms a meat processing business called Grill Meats, Inc., which led to the development of automated, conveyorized food processing machinery.
- Sam Stein formed a new company, Sam Stein Associates, to build conveyorized food processing machinery.
- The first Stein commercialized batter and breading machine was developed and introduced into the market.
- John Bean invents a continuous spray pump to battle scale in his almond orchards.
- The company grows and David Crummey, John Bean’s son-in-law, incorporates the Bean Spray Pump Company and begins large-scale manufacturing.
- Anderson-Barngrover develops the world’s ﬁrst continuous rotary pressure sterilizer for processing low acid foods such as vegetables, milk and soup, paving the way for dramatic growth in the canning industry.
- Bean and Anderson-Barngrover merge to form the largest food machinery manufacturing company in the world at the time and is soon renamed Food Machinery Corporation (FMC).