Making the most flavorful, freshest, and safest food possible
High-Pressure Processing, A Winning Choice
HPP, a cold pasteurization technique, is extremely effective. It leverages ultra-high pressure purified water to inactivate bacteria – like listeria, E. coli, and salmonella. Neutralizing pathogens makes it so that packaged foods can stay fresher longer.
In addition to bolstering safety and extending shelf life, HPP preserves food’s natural nutrition, freshness, texture, and flavor.
All kinds of foods undergo HPP:
- Ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook meats
- Fruits and vegetables
- Juices and smoothies
- Soups and sauces
- Wet salads and dips
- Dairy products
- Seafood and shellfish
Come to Your Senses with HPP
People tend to eat foods they like. With HPP, the chances of consumers enjoying your products just might skyrocket. This is due to HPP’s ability to lock in all the good aspects of food – taste, consistency, appearance, freshness, vitamins, and minerals – without the need for preservatives.
HPP’s also ideal for what it’s not. It’s not a preparation that infuses your product with chemicals, additives, hard-to-pronounce preservatives, and so on. These compounds can have more than just a bad reputation with buyers; they can actually alter the food. Adulterated food simply may not be as healthful or appealing as more purely-processed foods.
The Capabilities of HPP
HPP can do a lot, and it’s a suitable application for most foods. It’s able to remove shells and other debris from seafood. It’s processing guacamole, juices, briskets, hummus, and more. Pretty versatile!
It won’t come as a surprise, then, that HPP is used by food processors across the board. Here are some of the industries you’ll find this technology in:
- Meat, Poultry, and Seafood
- Fruits and Nuts
- Juices and Beverages
- Prepared Meals
- Baby Food
- Pet Food
That said, HPP isn’t a fit for certain items – like bread, marshmallows, and other airy dry goods or shelf-stable versions of some foods.
How High-Pressure Processing Works
HPP is an all-natural process. Using purified cold water, sealed products are subjected to incredibly high pressures – up to 6,000 bar (87,000 psi). That’s six times greater than the deepest depths of the ocean! This intense pressure neutralizes food-borne pathogens, like listeria and E. coli, without preservatives or chemicals.
Surprisingly, all this water and pressure doesn’t harm the food. Quite the opposite, actually. HPP is an incredibly effective way to maintain food’s purity.
- By applying pressure evenly in all directions for about one to three minutes, harmful bacteria are inactivated.
- Products aren’t subjected to heat (thermal processing) or chemicals, which means they retain their flavor, texture, and nutrients.
- Shelf-life is extended up to three times longer than traditional preservation methods.
Features & Benefits
High-pressure processing has many benefits – both for the food products you’re creating and for your facility operations.
- Maintains food’s fresh, natural taste
- Preserves vitamins and minerals
- Hydrates and increases yields for seafood
- Improves food safety
- Provides a clean label solution
- Extends shelf-life
- Reduces waste and processing inefficiencies
JBT, Your Best Choice for HPP
Did you know that JBT-Avure helped invent the HPP method and the machines that perform it? It’s true. Based on that lengthy and proud legacy, we’re also continually innovating the technology.
That’s good background information, but you’re probably more interested in what JBT’s HPP expertise means for your business. Our experience is your asset. It helps you accomplish things like:
- Making sure your products taste, smell, look, and feel their best.
- Improving food safety and stability.
- Preserving the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients of ingredients.
- Reducing scrap, waste, or loss due to spoilage or contamination.
- Processing high-quality products in a more efficient manner.
JBT’s the obvious choice – no pressure here! – for your HPP needs.
The Trusted HPP Brand – Avure
Avure has been on the HPP scene for more than 70 years. In fact, it created the scene. The smart people behind the brand invented – and continue to advance – the HPP technology.
As long-time leaders in high-pressure processing, Avure equipment is widely used around the globe. Here are a few stats to put it into perspective:
- More than 60% of HPP foods worldwide are treated on Avure machinery.
- The world’s biggest poultry producer depends on Avure equipment to process its products.
- Avure processors process everything from guacamole and juice to brisket and tabouli.
You can see these machines are more than up to the variety and volume of food prep tasks they undertake. The businesses that use them – rely on them – trust Avure. They repeatedly add Avure processors to their production lines for a reason. Avure’s HPP makes them better.
Comprehensive FoodTech Solutions
JBT has all the machinery you need to produce your foods. Our complete product portfolio – which is extensive – has multiple solutions for each task at hand. Plus, you’ll only find the most trusted, best-in-class brands in our shop.
In short, JBT can supply you with the right equipment to get the job done properly.
More Than HPP
Because each kind of food product can require a distinct method of preparation, we offer a full selection of high-quality:
- Juicers, finishers, and extractors
- Pasteurizers and sterilizers
- Fruit and vegetable processors
- Food & Beverage AGVs
Outfitting Your Entire Food Production Line
With the quality, quantity, and variety of equipment JBT offers, you’re able to:
- Conveniently do one-stop shopping for equipment
- Customize your production line to best suit your needs
- Mix and match brands so you get exactly what you want
- Easily replace individual components of your existing production line
- Respond more agilely to production process or regulatory changes
- More seamlessly scale your production
With JBT you have the luxury of flexibility and options. You can pick and choose single pieces of machinery. Alternately, you can take advantage of our end-to-end food processing solutions. Either way, we make assembling your production line straightforward and hassle-free.
JBT, Your Partner in FoodTech
There’s no need to look beyond JBT for your end-to-end fruit and vegetable processing business’s needs.
A Better Approach
JBT’s not a “one and done” kind of company. We believe in long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with customers.
This way of doing business lets us get to know you and your needs, show you the attention and respect you deserve, and serve you more thoughtfully and holistically now and in the years to come.
Research & Technology Centers
This is a noteworthy and one-of-a-kind perk that we offer. JBT’s Research & Technology Centers are more than just a test kitchen or lab. They’re an opportunity for you to try out machines, explore production line set-ups, and perfect your recipes. Plus, you’ll have access to technical expertise and tons of data.
Connect with JBT Experts
JBT’s been accruing industry know-how since the 1880s. Use it to your advantage! Our talented and attentive team is here to help if you:
- Have questions.
- Don’t know which machines to buy.
- Need professional input as you plan your capital investment.
Contact us anytime. We look forward to working with you.