Protecting brands by protecting lives with innovation and scientific rigor in technical and laboratory services
Each year, food processors around the world conduct pathogen testing to ensure customer safety and maintain compliance with government-mandated food-safety standards. Some retailers require additional, even more rigorous testing to prevent product recalls, avoid brand damage, and guard against revenue losses. JBT’s Prevenio lab offers the most cutting-edge, innovative, and reliable food-safety testing in the world.
When it comes to food safety, you can’t afford to cut corners. Our 5,000 square-foot laboratory is located east of Atlanta, GA and maintains comprehensive testing capabilities to identify and eliminate ‘hot spots’ within your processing plant. We offer a broad range of customized, cost-effective testing options for pork, poultry, beef, seafood, and produce applications.
At Prevenio, we combine the most advanced technology on the market with the best minds in the industry to deliver superior food-safety and pathogen testing, biomapping, and process validation.
Our Lab Services
Gain Confidence in Every Aspect of Your Operation
The JBT Prevenio lab not only features the most advanced testing equipment in food safety, but also the most knowledgeable and experienced experts in the industry. Our exclusive team has helped hundreds of companies reduce their operating costs and limit the risk of unforeseen safety or compliance issues by testing, analyzing, reporting, and implementing the best practices in food safety.
At our innovative lab, we provide comprehensive, cost-effective, quick, and accurate pathogen testing, including tests for:
- Campylobacter MLG 41.06*
- Campylobacter Enrichment*
- Campylobacter Enumeration
- Campylobacter Hygiena BAX
- Campylobacter 3M Molecular Detection
- Cronobacter 3M Molecular Detection
- E. coli O157:H7 Hygiena BAX
- E. coli O157 (including H7) 3 M Molecular Detection
- Listeria Genus Hygiena BAX
- Listeria 3M Molecular Detection
- Listeria monocytogenes 3M Molecular Detection
- Salmonella Hygiena BAX*
- Salmonella Quantification Hygiena BAX*
- Salmonella MLG 4.11*
- Salmonella 3M Molecular Detection*
- Shigella Hygiena BAX
- Staphylococcus aureus Hygiena BAX
- STEC Gene Screen (stx and eae) Hygiene BAX
- STEC Gene Screen (stx and eae) 3M Molecular Detection
- STEC Gene Screen (stx) 3M Molecular Detection
- STEC Panel 1 (E. coli O26, O11, O121) Hygiena BAX
- STEC Panel 2 (E. coli O45, O103, O145) Hygiena BAX
- Vibrio Hygiena BAX
Aerobic Count (AC) Petrifilm*
- Aerobic Count Rapid (RAC) Petrifilm
- Coliform Count (CC) Petrifilm*
- Coliform Count High-Sensitivity (HSCC) Petrifilm
- E. coli / coliform (EC) Petrifilm*
- E. coli / coliform Rapid (REC) Petrifilm
- Enterobacteriaceae (EB) Petrifilm*
- Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) Petrifilm
- Listeria Environmental (EL) Petrifilm
- Salmonella (SALX) Petrifilm
- Staphylococcus aureus (STX) Petrifilm
- Yeast and Mold (YM) Petrifilm
- Yeast and Mold Rapid (RYM) Petrifilm
*ISO 17025 accreditation
Our customized pathogen testing involves food products such as produce, poultry, and meat, as well as process water, surface swabs (equipment and contact surfaces) and shelf-life studies.
OTHER TESTS AVAILABLE Contact us
We offer cutting-edge biomapping services by helping you accurately identify problem areas and implement sustainable solutions. Our goal is to ensure product safety and regulatory compliance as we help you reach success and gain peace of mind. Our team of industry experts can help you:
- Develop and customize protocols
- Execute on-site sampling and testing
- Utilize current USDA testing methods for pathogen detection
- Generate reports, provide recommendations, and implement improvement plans
Our comprehensive technical and laboratory services include superior product validation. When you work with us, you work with the best minds in the food-safety industry, who work directly with you, your products, and your processes to:
- Develop tailored protocols
- Inoculate products with marker strains of select pathogens
- Simulate antimicrobial and other treatment processes
- Quantify pathogen reductions
Reach Your Food-Processing Potential
In the food processing world, protecting the health and safety of the public and your employees is essential. You can meet and even exceed these standards without sacrificing your business goals. Ensuring that your system meets regulatory standards and safeguards consumer health can be accomplished without decreasing the efficiency of your operation or increasing costs.
At our high-tech laboratory, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the greatest minds in FoodTech to identify and address weak spots and potential hazards while simultaneously developing comprehensive solutions to optimize the functionality of your system and decrease labor and maintenance costs.
Security & Transparency
Our approach to FoodTech is all about providing comprehensive solutions that can address every aspect of food processing from start to finish. Our cutting-edge testing procedures, food examination, and expert data analysis are conducted with your need for security and confidentiality in mind. We go above and beyond to protect your testing experience and ensure that you receive detailed documentation of all results and data associated with your operation.
JBT – A True Partner in FoodTech
For more than a hundred years, JBT has maintained a unique dedication to practical, solution-based technology. With the knowledge we’ve gained from our experience as innovators in diverse markets, we’ve developed a collaborative approach that gets results and provides targeted, real-world solutions.
We take the time to understand your individual concerns and goals, using our experience to provide you with technology that addresses the most pressing and long-standing challenges in modern food processing. When you join forces with JBT, you’ll have more than an equipment provider and tester; you’ll also gain a genuine, dedicated partner in business.
Real-world Experience in Specialized Markets
By working closely with processors in a variety of industries, we have cultivated in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in diverse domestic and global food markets.
We offer solutions in the world’s most demanding food markets, including:
- Bread and pasta
- Coffee and tea
- Fruits and nuts
- Pet foods
- Poultry, meat, and seafood
- Ready meals
- Sandwiches and snack foods
- Vegetables & potatoes
Visit JBT’s Research & Technology Centers
We operate over a dozen Research and Technology Centers around the globe. As a partner of JBT, you’ll gain full access to our specialists as well as emerging technologies that have the power to transform your processing system.
You’ll get exclusive access to our behind-the-scenes operation and work with our experts to:
- View and test the newest machines, technologies, and system set-ups in food processing
- Update and perfect your recipes
- Validate product quality and safety
- Maximize your process efficiency
- Learn the ins and outs of the industry
Industry-Leading Expertise At Your Fingertips
At JBT, our mission has always been more broad and ambitious than just developing and manufacturing the best equipment in FoodTech. We aim to create a brighter, better future for food processors around the world, their employees, and their customers. That’s why we prioritize our partnerships and work to build long-term collaborations with both established industry leaders and emerging talent across markets.
Our knowledgeable, committed team of experts is available around the clock to answer your questions and provide you with ongoing, personalized support and guidance.
Contact us today to join the JBT family!