Advanced Thermal Processing Academy
The basic training days will help participants to understand the critical parameters that control the safe and quality-friendly thermal processing of foods. The 4 days course provide an insight in the technological issues related with the thermal processing of foods.
Based on this knowledge, participants will be able to understand the impact of their actions and responsibilities on the quality and safety of the product produced.
DATES AND LOCATIONS
Advanced Thermal Processing Academy is intended for all staff members who play a role in the manufacture of safe and high quality canned and aseptic foods such as: line operators, line supervisors, plant engineers, food technologists, product developers and quality assurance staff.
During pasteurized products day training (day 3) gives the guidelines for the heat treatment of sauces, soups, fruit juices and all products typically hot filled and treated in a pasteurization tunnel.
The advanced thermal processing day will provide the participants an insight in the development of thermal processes, how deviations and problems need to be dealt with and how changes to existing processes can affect quality and safety of the product.
During the aseptic day training the focus will be on the most important differences from “canning” and “aseptic processing” and in particular on the variables that have the major impact on the thermal treatment (for example: type of heat exchanger, product viscosity, particulate presence, aseptic filling technology).
Advanced Thermal Processing Academy will be held by JBT technicians and it will be simultaneously translated into the local language.
- History of Canning
- Microbiology of Thermal Processing
- Sterility/Lethality/General Method (Fo-value, Po-value, Z-value, D-value)
- General Method
- Heat Transfer Concepts
- Retort System Overview (Batch & Continuous)
Advanced Thermal Processing
- Temperature Distribution
- Heat Transfer Distribution
- Heat Penetration Studies
- Calculation Methods (General Method, Ball Formula, NumeriCAL®)
- Critical Factors
Preparation and pasteurization of acid and acidified food products
- Definition of acid and acidified foods
- Low aw products
- Preservation principles for acid and low aw products
- Continuous pasteurization
- Batch pasteurization
- Design of a heat treatment
- How to measure the effectiveness of the heat treatment applied
- Thermal treatment calculation
- Effect of the product viscosity
- Effect of particulate presence
- Heat exchanger in tubular sterilizer
- FDA regulations
Each participant will receive a training certificate at the end of the seminar.
More JBT Technical School
- Basic Thermal Processing Academy
- Thermal Processing Academy – Aseptic and Canning
- Better Process Control School
- Aseptic Processing and Packaging Technologies Course
- Advanced Thermal Processing Academy
- Trattamenti termici e non termici per la stabilizzazione microbiologica nell’industria alimentare
- Food Labeling UE-USA
- Preventive Controls for Human Food Training FSPCA
- Food Labeling Compliance Seminar
- JBT Citrus & Technical Related Seminar
- Training Course on FDA Audits