Remove sweet-pepper cores and problematic seeds with unmatched efficiency and versatility
Our expert engineers developed the JBT FTNON Sweet Pepper Decorer to deliver maximum flexibility and performance. Featuring a staggering capacity of up to 5,500 sweet peppers per hour and ultra-precise automated clamping, decoring, cleaning, and segmenting of peppers have never been simpler. Peppers can be divided into halves, quarters, sixths, or eighths depending on your needs.
At JBT, we always strive to create solutions that streamline your operations and save you money, time, and effort. With its compact and hygienic design, this machine empowers you to achieve high yields and consistent results with minimal space, cleaning, and maintenance required.
Harness the power of technology to reach new heights in terms of precision, quality, and performance.
Features & Benefits
The Sweet Pepper Decoror sets new standards for decoring technology. Don’t be fooled by its compact design. This system offers you powerful, high-capacity performance at every stage. With state-of-the-art automation technology and user-friendly operation, you’ll see an increase in your processing potential and your bottom line.
- Flexibility of use – The system can be conveniently managed with one or two operators, allowing you to organize your process to suit your needs.
- High-capacity performance – The Sweet Pepper Decoror offers efficient yield production, with a capacity of up to 5,500 pieces per hour with two operators or 2,000 with one.
- Designed for easy cleaning and maintenance – With a hygienic design and easy access to components, cleaning and maintenance is easier than ever.
- Quality end-product – The intelligent, customized decoring design ensures a reliable, perfectly decored end-product with almost no loose seeds.
- Precise automation – This machine utilizes cutting-edge technology to automatically center bell peppers and determine coring depth.
- Space-saving design – Its compact footprint offers you additional floor space and greater control over your production setup.
High-Capacity, Flexible Processing
The JBT FTNON Sweet Pepper Decorder is designed and built to deliver maximum performance that accommodates diverse processing needs and goals:
- Up to four bell peppers at a time can be placed manually in the clamping system by one or two operators (depending on your processing needs) from crates/boxes or by infeed conveyor (optional).
- As the clamps close, peppers are automatically centered before the drum holding the peppers begins to turn stepwise.
- In the first rotational step, all green stems are removed from the peppers; in the second rotational step, the machine senses the height of the peppers to set the coring depth, and pneumatic coring devices remove the pepper cores.
- The inside of each pepper is cleaned with an overpressure air system and cores, loose seeds, and stems are collected separately via an integrated outfeed belt.
- The cored and cleaned peppers are cut lengthwise into halves or quarters by a pneumatic segmenting section, before the cut end product is fed out underneath the machine where it can be collected by an outfeed conveyor (optional).
What are the size specifications of the Sweet Pepper Decorer?
The system packs a powerful punch for its unassuming size. This allows you to make the most out of your space without sacrificing the efficiency of your yield. The approximate size specifications of the Sweet Pepper Decoror are:
- Height – 1,655 mm (65”)
- Length – 2,175 mm (86”)
- Width – 1,960 mm (77”)
What are the unit requirements?
To achieve the largest yield and best results, pre-sized bell peppers are recommended. The Sweet Pepper Decorer automatically measures unit height for accurate coring and thorough cleaning.
Product specifications are as follows:
- Min. diameter of bell pepper – 55 mm (2.2″)
- Max. diameter of bell pepper – 120 mm (4.7″)
- Min. height of bell pepper- 65 mm (2.6″)
- Max. height of bell pepper – 170 mm (6.7″)
Are there any available add-ons to further customize the machine?
Yes! JBT offers several optional add-ons as well as standard customizations that allow you to personalize the Sweet Pepper Decor to suit your needs and help you reach your specific production goals.
Optional customizations include:
- An infeed conveyor to add further automation
- A swan-neck outfeed conveyor for cored/cut product
- A knife section for dividing into two parts
- The option to remove the knife section for the production of hollow, whole peppers
JBT: Targeted Solutions, Comprehensive Support
Throughout JBT’s long history, we’ve worked tirelessly to make a name as a true industry leader and to ensure that we live up to that reputation every step of the way. Our customer-focused approach has allowed us to continuously redefine what’s possible in FoodTech.
By focusing on practical solutions to real-world challenges in a variety of diverse global markets, we’re able to develop better and more advanced food-processing technology and help our customers reach the top of their industries.
As a JBT partner, you can:
- Browse our wide-ranging catalog of state-of-the-art equipment
- Customize your production lines and recipes
- Integrate your equipment from a variety of brands
- Get special access to replacement parts, upgrade kits, service and maintenance, and specialized training.
Visit Our High-Tech Research Centers
At JBT, we know that collaboration is of the highest priority. That’s why we invite our partners to get a behind-the-scenes look at our operation by visiting our global Research and Technology centers. When you work with us, you’ll get automatic access to our high-tech facilities where you can work side-by-side with our specialists, get an early look at our newest technology, test equipment, and try out various line-ups and configurations.
Our World-Renowned Support Team is at your Service
For over a century, we’ve worked tirelessly to establish our reputation as a FoodTech industry leader that truly cares about our customers and their success. We don’t just manufacture top-of-the-line processing machinery. When you work with us, you become part of the JBT family and we’re committed to helping you reach your goals.
Our support team is globally known for its extensive in-depth knowledge, attention to detail, and personalized approach to customer service. Our experts are available around the clock to provide individualized assistance and industry-leading insight – when and where you need it. Don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know how we can be of service today.