Steam is directly injected in the bottom of the retort for fast and uniform come-up. Water sprays running over the entire shell length intensely mix the steam and water and create a homogeneous temperature distribution that results in a uniform process throughout the retort. Indirect, sterile cooling via a plate heat exchanger saves water and eliminates the need for water treatment chemicals.
Features & Benefits
- Reduced process time
- Efficient heat distribution
- Absolute flow meter and level probe
- High quality design and construction
- Micro cooling
- Precise temperature and pressure control
- Precise, reproducible execution of pre-programmed recipes
- Ultimate container flexibility: rigid containers (bottles, cans, etc.); semi-rigid (tubs, etc.) and flexible (pouches, etc.)
- Retorts are at the heart of many shelf-stable food processing lines such as:
- Baby food, pet food, soups, sauces
- Mushrooms, vegetables, beans, and more
- Milk (plain, chocolate, milkshakes, cream, etc.)
- Fruits juices, non-carbonated beverages, tea, coffee, etc.
Options & Models