A generation is a group of individuals within a particular age range who may have similar ideas, attitudes, values, etc. Having varied generations represented in a working environment is another form of diversity. A generational gap is a difference of opinions between one generation. It is critical that organizations understand that problems can arise especially when directly or indirectly perpetrating negative stereotypes of generations.
- Traditionalists (born 1925-1945)
- Baby Boomers (born 1946-1964)
- Generation X (born 1965-1980)
- Millennials (born 1981-2000)
- Generation Z (born 2001-2020)