We designed our patented Frigoscandia SuperCONTACT Contact Crust Freezer for quick-freezing the bottom surface of a wide range of delicate, wet, shape-sensitive, or sticky products prior to final full freezing. We use an ingenious method of mechanical refrigeration freezing and product handling. We convey the products on a thin polyethylene film running over a refrigerated plate. The bottom of the product gets a stabilizing frozen crust, one millimeter deep, which allows the product to be transported onto a regular freezer belt with no mesh marks or sticking problems.
Features & Benefits
- Quality – we maintain product shape and appearance without sticking, deformation, belt marks and minimal drip loss.
- Speed – crust freezing reduces dwell time in the final freezing step boosting overall line capacity
- Hygiene – products touch only the polyethylene film which is rolled up for disposal. This ensures product hygiene and improves hygiene in the final freezer
- Yield – since moisture on the product underside is sealed to the product process drip losses are almost 0%
- Cost Efficient – increased line capacity, reduces product weight loss, rejects and energy costs
- Designed specifically for crust freezing the bottom of a variety of protein and bakery items prior to the full freezing step to improve material handling and overall quality
- Stainless steel frame
- Available in multiple widths and lengths for a wide range of capacity requirements
Options & Models
- Usable belt widths of 36 in. and 42 in. in module lengths of 10 ft.
- Usable belt widths of 72 in. in module lengths of 14 ft.