Managing the flow of passengers, crew, luggage, and supplies is no small feat. The challenge is only amplified when the need to serve planes of differing sizes and designs is your reality.
Not to worry — JBT’s passenger boarding bridges are well-suited to the vagaries that are common to airport operations. Our Jetway bridges come with a variety of features and options that can be tailored to your terminal, making them the perfect solution for moving people between the aircraft and the gate.
What makes JBT Jetway bridges ideal? It’s qualities like these:
- Ability to dock to main deck and upper deck aircraft doors
- Available 2- or 3-bridge gate set-ups
- Bridge cabs that conform to the upper deck aircraft fuselage
- The latest sensors and controls
- Automation and appearance options
These attributes — and many more — are nice in and of themselves. However, they prove their worth in how they transform and improve the running of your business. You’ll notice benefits such as:
- Faster, more efficient docking and aircraft turnarounds
- Maximized use of airport ramp and terminal space
- Increased passenger satisfaction
- Easy, safe equipment operation
- Improved profits
Plus, JBT bridges have extended longevity and great service flexibility. This makes them a wise choice for airports looking for years of adaptability, productivity gains, and cost efficiencies.
JBT, the Best in Passenger Boarding Bridges
To further underscore what sets the JBT Jetway boarding bridges apart from others is the level of design and construction that goes into them. And, consequently, what this means for you.
Our passenger bridges are designed by licensed Professional Engineers (PE) and built by welders certified to AWS D1.1 standards. All JBT passenger boarding bridges are NFPA compliant and tested for electrical connectivity, bridge movement, and fit in our ISO 9001-certified factory.
We’ve integrated functionality and durability — so productivity, lifespan, resale value, etc. can soar – into every detail. Here are some ways JBT’s commitment to excellence translates into value for you:
- Can accommodate a broad range of aircraft
- Made using the best techniques and materials
- Compatible with other gate equipment such as Preconditioned air and Ground Power units
- Options and upgrades to meet your requirements
- Are suitable for use in a variety of environments
- Less operator training needed
- Facilitate improved worker, aircraft, and facility safety
- Easy to operate with less maintenance
- More reliable operations
- Can optimize usage of financial and human resources
Features & Benefits
If you want loads of features and functionality — you’re on the right track with Jetway boarding bridges. With all the capability available with JBT Jetway bridges, you’ll find boarding and disembarking passengers couldn’t be quicker, easier, more efficient, or safer.
- Design — Bridge cab, controls, and interlocks for efficient multi-bridge gate operations
- Rapid — State-of-the-art sensors for faster gate operations
- Compatibility — One, two, or three bridge configurations accommodates essential gate-related aircraft services and changes in aircraft mix
- Strong — Built to handle the weight and power needs of gate equipment and passengers
- Weather-Resistant – Crowned roofs and continuously-welded corrugated steel seams to prevent water accumulation, leaks, and corrosion
- Integratable – Can mechanically, electrically, and electronically mesh equipment, like GPUs and PCAir, for unified gate solutions
- Technology – Advanced features maximize operational efficiency via automation, smart power management, real-time diagnostics, and more
- User-Friendly – JetDock, video monitoring, and other intuitive operator-assistance options for smoother, faster dockings
- Customize — Choice of electro-mechanical or hydraulic lift columns, elevating rotundas and walks, and tunnel design for max structural optimization
- Fabrication — Available in different materials and finishes to fit operational and aesthetic needs and enhance looks, function, and durability
- Safe – Numerous features to control bridge motions, sense proximity, and provide visibility for protection of operator and aircraft
- Longevity – Robust steel construction with double-ply canopy closures, sleeved rotunda bearings, solid tires, and more for a 20+ year lifespan
- Support — Access to JBT’s global network of parts and technical staff
Still have questions about how these features are of benefit to your operation? Contact us anytime.
Aesthetic & Structural Options for the Boarding Bridge You Want
Jetway passenger boarding bridges aren’t one-size-fits-all. You have a particular combination of aircraft, gate set-up, branding, and other considerations to factor in.
JBT’s passenger boarding bridge design allows you to create a boarding bridge that’s suited to your specific circumstances. You have the flexibility to:
- Accommodate variations in operations, terminal and gate layouts, and aircraft and other equipment
- Match the look and feel of the rest of your concourse and corporate style
- Customize to meet environmental considerations
Strategic Upgrades for Your Jetway Bridges
Go beyond the basics with these premium features. They’re not about getting fancy – they’re all about getting work done quicker, better, and with less human error.
- JetDock – With just the touch of a button, JBT’s optional automatic boarding bridge docking system makes connecting with the aircraft passenger door fast, accurate, and safe.
- AmpTek – JBT is making strides to “green” airport equipment. Our AmpTek feature helps you to electrify your ground support equipment to minimize pollutants while avoiding power grid upgrades and costly excavations. Amptek takes available power and intelligently shares it with GSE battery chargers.
- iOPS – JBT’s equipment monitoring software platform provides real-time, actionable information on the status and performance of your gate equipment, including your passenger boarding bridges. Accessible from anywhere on laptops and mobile devices, tracking and troubleshooting are straightforward and convenient.
What Your Aerobusiness Needs, JBT Has & Does
While getting passengers on and off aircraft is certainly one of our fortes, it’s far from the only area in which we excel. The magic of JBT lies in our ability to provide everything it takes to keep things moving smoothly on the tarmac, throughout the terminal, and in the tower.
JBT’s portfolio of products, services, training, and more are the basis of iron-clad airport operations. They’ll streamline and improve every task on the to-do lists and facilitate hitting functional goals.
The Best & Most Airport Equipment
You’ll want more than just passenger boarding bridges to get your passengers and crews off the ground. JBT’s complete catalog offers a satisfying range of:
With JBT equipment to be found in every corner of the world, you know it’s hard-working, heavy-duty, and adaptable. Whatever the climate or environment, JBT machinery is predictably reliable — true workhorses!
That’s why ground crews and management alike are on board with our equipment. It’s also the reason you can put stock into JBT AeroTech for your facility.
<H3>Knowledge That Bridges the Gaps
JBT is known for its world-class machinery. However, our Airport Services have earned great esteem as well. These services include:
Our approach is a tailored-to-your-needs blend of consulting, technology, and skilled personnel. This creates a bespoke solution that morphs otherwise siloed equipment, supplies, and workers into one cohesive and high-functioning entity.
JBT, the AeroTech Partner You’ve Been Wanting
To be successful, aviation businesses need highly coordinated logistics and the support of talented professionals.
JBT specializes in all aspects of airport systems. For you, this means we have the expertise and experience to help you run your operation efficiently. Plus, with JBT shouldering some of the load, you’re able to allocate your time and attention elsewhere.
At JBT, we’re dedicated to building a lasting relationship with your business. This level of engagement ensures that you’ll get the most out of JBT equipment and services now and in the future. Anytime you require assistance, we’re here for you.
JBT, Your One-Stop Source For Aviation Needs
JBT is a comprehensive defense AGE supplier, guaranteeing that you have all the equipment and support you need for on-point operations. If you’re interested in learning more about how JBT can help improve your airport business, reach out today.