JBT, The Right Choice for Boarding Bridges
Passengers are at the heart of gate activities. Getting them on and off airplanes safely and efficiently is paramount. Doing so helps ensure satisfied customers as well as on-point airport operations.
JBT’s Jetway passenger boarding bridges excel at helping manage the flow of passengers, crew, and all their luggage and supplies. With so many features and options, Jetway boarding bridges can be tailored to your terminal requirements. A multi-decade lifespan, great service flexibility, and plenty of design options make Jetway airport bridges from JBT the ideal choice for gate boarding of your passengers.
It makes sense, then, that more than 9,000 Jetway passenger boarding bridges have been sold worldwide. What is it about JBT’s bridges that airport operators around the globe love? Here’s a sampling of rave-worthy elements:
- Excellent longevity and reliability
- Unique designs and features allow for additional logistical flexibility, even with changing aircraft and terminal configurations
- Innovative controls facilitate docking for smoother, faster aircraft turns
- Robust diagnostic and monitoring capabilities simplify operational readiness
- Aesthetic options provide the look you want
And there’s more. JBT offers expert airport layout planning services. We specialize in creating boarding bridge and gate configuration designs that help you select the right gate boarding options for your needs and optimize aircraft parking at the gate.
Ultimately, the Jetway bridge from JBT is the perfect choice for any – and every – modern airport that serves regional aircraft up to jumbo jets.
Features & Benefits
JBT boarding bridges are feature-rich, consistently bringing exceptional value to your gate operations.
- Weather-Resistant – Crowned roofs and continuously-welded corrugated steel seams prevent water accumulation, leaks, and corrosion
- Integratable – Can mechanically, electrically, and electronically mesh equipment, like GPUs and PCAir, to create unified gate solutions
- Longevity – Robust steel construction with double ply canopy closures, sleeved rotunda bearings, solid tires, and more for 20+ years of life
- Technology – Advanced features maximize operational efficiency via automation, smart power management, real-time diagnostics, and more
- User-Friendly – JetDock, video monitoring, and other intuitive operator-assistance options for smoother, faster dockings
- Flexible – Apron Drive for maximum gate adaptability to accommodate changes in aircraft mix
- Strong – Can support thousands of pounds of people and equipment
- Safe – Numerous features– e.g., compatibility with VDGS Docking Systems, electronic and mechanical limits to control bridge motions, proximity sensors, and bridge cab cameras – for protection of operator and aircraft
If you have any questions about these features or their benefit to your operations, contact us today.
Designed Better & Built to Last
You’re probably eager to streamline your ground support activities and eliminate unplanned downtime. These are obvious ways to minimize waste and maximize efficiency.
JBT is with you on this. That’s why we approach the design and construction of our products so rigorously and attentively. For example, our Jetway passenger boarding bridges are designed by licensed, Professional Engineers (PE) and built by welders who’re certified to AWS D1.1 standards. And, your JBT Jetway is NFPA compliant and tested for electrical connectivity and bridge movement and fit in our ISO 9001-certified factory.
We’ve purposely integrated functionality and durability – to boost productivity, preserve equipment longevity, resale value, and more – into every Jetway boarding bridge. Here are some examples of how JBT’s dedication to excellence works in your favor:
- Made using advanced techniques and the best materials
- Compatible with other point-of-use gate equipment
- Customizable and configurable to your needs
- Requires less operator training
- Easier maintenance (and less of it)
- More reliable operations
Gate Boarding Made Easy
Airport logistics are tough enough without having to hassle with confusing or awkward machinery. Fortunately, that’s not a problem with your JBT airport bridges. Here’s how we’ve made the Jetway simple to own and operate:
- Well-positioned controls allow quick access and enable efficient operation
- Intuitive and user-friendly, simplifying initial training
- Multiple, automatic protection mechanisms built in to facilitate safe use of bridges
- JetDock self-docking option takes guesswork out of one of the trickiest steps in passenger bridge operation
Boarding Bridges the Way You Want Them
Your JBT Jetway gives you incredible flexibility in design and aesthetics so you can have the perfect boarding bridge for your specific situation. This enables you to:
- Accommodate variations in operations, gate layouts and aircraft
- Match the look and feel of the rest of your terminal
- Customize to meet environmental considerations
There are so many structural design choices with your Jetway bridges.
- Our two- and three-tunnel designs give you a wide range of extend and retract options to accommodate narrow, wide, and jumbo airplanes. Meanwhile, bridges with the cab design and low-reach capability are suitable for regional aircraft.
- You’ll be able to service multiple aircraft doors simultaneously with multi-bridge gate configurations.
- With elevating rotundas and walks, you can service main- and upper-deck aircraft doors. This makes moving people between different levels of the terminal building with a single bridge a cinch.
- You can even pick your preferred type of lift column – electro-mechanical or hydraulic.
You also have options when it comes to appearance. JBT’s Jetway passenger boarding bridges are available in different materials and finishes so your boarding bridge fits your operational and aesthetic needs. You can opt for corrugated or smooth-sided steel, aluminum cladding, or glass (which can be tinted) exteriors. Final touches – like carpeting, radius strips, and plate threshold kits – can further enhance the looks, function, and durability of your JBT boarding bridge.
Premier Upgrades for Your Jetway Bridges
Go beyond the basics with these strategic upgrades. They’re not about getting fancy – they’re intended to facilitate your gate operations to reduce human error, speed up turnaround times, and more.
- JetDock – JBT’s optional automatic boarding bridge docking system makes finding, aligning to, and docking with the aircraft passenger door fast, precise, and safe. It takes just the touch of a button – and no need for decals or other markings on the aircraft fuselage.
- iOPS – This equipment monitoring platform from JBT provides real-time, actionable information on the status, performance, and faults of your gate equipment, including your passenger boarding bridge. You’ll be amazed at how powerful and actionable the information you get from this software is. And, you can access it anywhere on laptops and mobile devices.
JBT’s Comprehensive AeroTech Solutions
JBT is ready to supply the products and services you require for your airport operations. Working with us makes tackling your lengthy and diverse task list much easier. It’s plain to see that JBT has your end-to-end aerobusiness needs covered.
The Right Equipment for the Job
Because you need to accomplish so many different tasks, JBT provides the products you need for gate and ramp operations.
Our offerings include everything from cargo loaders to tractors, scaffolding to simulators, and HVAC to power systems.
Equipment, and Then Some
JBT has more to offer you than world-class products. We’re also a renowned provider of Airport Services like:
Our mix of consulting, technology, and master technicians makes our service engagements invaluable.These are the elements that frequently unite operations, products, and personnel into a cohesive and effective system.
JBT, a Partner You Can Count On
No doubt, products and services are critical. However, they’ll never be the whole solution. It’s the people involved that make everything work. They get things to gel.
Taking the Long View
At JBT, we’re not going to sell you some equipment and services and move on. That doesn’t show you the attention and respect you deserve. And, it’s not how we want to do business.
Our aim is to build an enriching, constructive long-term relationship with you. This way, we can learn more about your business needs and serve you more thoughtfully and holistically now – and in the future.
Experts On Call
JBT entered the aviation support industry in the 1950s. We invite you to take advantage of all this experience and expertise. Let our top-notch team be your go-to resource!
We provide next-level support because we know running an AeroTech business can be complex, and you shouldn’t have to face the challenges alone. JBT knows the demands on the infrastructure, systems, and workers – and is ready to help you. So, don’t hesitate to contact us with questions.