JBT has a long history of leadership in the aviation support industry.
- FMC Airport Services is formed to provide dedicated maintenance for airline and airport handling equipment, as well as facilities maintenance, airport planning and apron management systems.
- FMC Airport Services re-enters the military market with the design and development of the Halvorsen loader, selected by the USAF to replace all other 25K cargo loaders.
- JBT Corporation is founded and introduced on the New York Stock Exchange (JBT) in 2008; FMC AeroTech is rebranded as JBT AeroTech.
- JBT AeroTech opens a new manufacturing facility in Shenzhen, China for the manufacture of Jetway® gate equipment.
- JBT AeroTech announces a partnership with Swisslog to develop and manufacture advanced Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs) for hospitals worldwide.
- JBT AeroTech opens new facility in Kunshan, China to manufacture Snow Panther™ deicer and Commander™ 15i cargo loaders.
- JBT expands its Kunshan, China facility to manufacture FoodTech and AeroTech products.
- 2017 – JBT acquires Aircraft Maintenance Support Services (AMSS), Ltd., a leader in the design, manufacture and supply of high quality military and commercial aviation loading and servicing equipment.
- 2019 – JBT acquires LEKTRO, a privately-held manufacturer of electric aviation ground support equipment.
- FMC develops the world’s first commercial conveyorized breading machine.
- Jetway® Apron Drive Passenger Boarding Bridges revolutionize the airline passenger boarding process.
- FMC creates the first mobile de-icing system, developed from the John Bean spray pump legacy.
- FMC develops the Flite-Line loader, a cargo handling system for the new containerized generation of jet aircraft, as well as the Flite-Line deicer, capable of deicing the largest jet liner.
- FMC’s Airline Equipment Division grows to see its container and pallet loaders used by 35 airlines throughout the world.
- FMC builds a new aviation equipment manufacturing facility in Orlando, Florida and acquires a second dedicated manufacturing facility for aviation equipment in Madrid, Spain; products include belt loaders, loaders, and deicers.
- FMC introduces the Commander loader, featuring the new Heliroll® conveyor system, to meet container and pallet requirements.
- FMC acquires Jetway Systems®, the world’s leading manufacturer of gate equipment, particularly passenger boarding bridges.
- FMC introduces the first point-of-use pre-conditioned air unit, providing cooling for aircraft while parked at the gate – reducing fuel consumption and emissions.